Job Description :
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or technically related field, or equivalent education/experience.
- At least 3 years of experience with PHP, Oracle and MySQL
- Good understanding of front-end technologies, such as Java Script, HTML5, CSS3
- Understanding of MVC design patterns
- Full stack development on distributed software systems using PHP.
- Experience in the technical delivery of business intelligence projects.
- Work on both RDBMS databases; Oracle and MySql
- Strong Linux operational capability as running, building, packaging, deploying software and writing environment manifests
- Understanding of DevOps and Continuous Delivery culture, familiarity with tools like Docker Swarm, ELK, Ansible, Jenkins, etc.
- Advanced coding skills (concurrency, profiling and performance optimization)
- Design and architecture (design patterns, web services, high-scale, high-availability, multi-tier distributed systems)
- Best-practice software engineering including Agile methodologies, unit testing, refactoring, source control management, continuous integration and build processes
Software Engineer – BI PHP Developer
Business Intelligence PHP Developer role required technical and business expertise in all stages of the BI projects. You will be responsible for software development and maintenance of new and existing applications using advanced technologies including business intelligence and custom applications. As a PHP BI Developer, you will make distributed decision support systems with rich self-service interfaces and complex business logic.
- Design and develop new BI applications
- Maintain, support and improve complex extranet and intranet platforms
- Working with the business to explore and agree solutions that meet business requirements within project and enterprise constraints (time/cost/strategies).
- Evaluating and undertaking impact analysis on design options and highlights associated risks and benefits.
- Employ Continuous Delivery including task estimation, test automation, deployment automation and Continuous Integration to improve overall execution speed and product quality
- Ensure the designs and solutions comply with the Aegon Global Standards and Blueprints.
- Strong computer science grounding in a broad range of algorithms and data-structures
- Strong analytical and excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal English communications skills